A fight is a fight right. Wrong! I have been in some fights
which if you were to see them and know the circumstances you
could not help but laugh your ass off. There always seems to
be one common denominator in most fights and that is inebriation.
Let's just start with one of the funniest things I've seen. It's
never funny at the time but after the wounds and feelings heal...
Four of us were in Birmingham, AL, with tickets to the NASCAR
race in Talledega the next day. It was me, Paul, Lance and
the only white boy I have ever known with the name Jerome.
Anyway we checked in the hotel and instead of sitting there
and watching TV we went to (brace yourself) a bar. Hard to
believe I know, but we did. Anyway once we were in the place, one
of those disco/meat market type deals, we got separated in
pursuit of...... Anyway, we hadn't seen Paul for
awhile and it was getting close to last call. The rest of us
heard about somebody in a fight with the bouncers and guess who
the bounced was...yep. So we went out to the car, a Bronco
II with a manual transmission, and there was Paul. I don't know
where else he was hurting, but I know his eyes were because he
looked like a big drunk raccoon. Well right off the bat Lance
was raggin Paul about gettin his ass kicked. I don't know why
Paul was driving us home but he was, Lance was in front
and me and Jerome were in the back. Anyway, he had enough of
Lance calling him a pussy and he hauled off and tagged him
right in the face. Lance hit back and it was on, an all out
brawl right there in the front seat. The only problem was we
were at a stop light......on a hill.....right behind a brand
new Mercedes. Next thing you know gravity took over and we started
rolling. Meanwhile being the concerned driver that he was, Paul
kept on swinging and the car kept rolling. We hit the Mercedes and
me and Jerome were pretty much trapped in the back because it was
a two door not a four door. The owner of the Mercedes pops out and
I could see she was mad as hell. Jerome was trying to stop the fight
but I was watching her. She came up to the window and started banging.
Paul and Lance were not phased, they just kept at it. She stomped and
shook her head then just walked back to her car, got in and took off.
We finally got Paul to pull out of the intersection and let Jerome
drive. Yes, we dodged a bullet(jail). Once we got back to the hotel
the conflict continued until all the mattresses were on the floor
and everybody was tuckered out. The race was just a blur....I can't even
remember who won or if we even stayed for the finish. But I won't ever
forget the night before.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment